Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fall Fursts

Mommy says dis de monf when we do Howloween.  I don't know whut dat means, but it has to do wif dressing funny and eating punkin stuff even if your tummy isn't upset.   Four or five sleeps ago we went up to where de wine doggies lib.  Dis a picfur of me wif punkin:

I dint meet any other doggies, but I ate a lot ob grass! 

Now dere is somefing furry wrong at our house!  Starting last night, and den again dis morning, when I go outside dere is water all ovfur.  I don't just mean on de grass.  Sometimes our grass is wet because of what mommy calls sprinklers.  But dis water wasn't just under me feets.  It was on top ob me, too!  Getted in me face!  And de longer I was out, de more water got on me!  And daddy kept saying "Go potty! Go potty!" when he usually lets me take me time.  So ob course I couldn't go.  And I dint like it AT ALL.  Den dis morning when mommy took me out it was de same fing.  (She let me pee, at least.)  So I come in all ear-drippy and leg-soaky and mommy and daddy tear into me wif towels and rub and rub.  Well, okay, I kind ob like dat.  But, whut be de heck??!!  ;-|

Mommy say'd, "That's called 'rain.'"  I nevfur saw anyfing like dat in me WHOLE LIFE!!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of rain for you, Toffee. We're used to getting rain but also don't really like to be out in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just like a bath outside? Or like going for a spa day maybe but in your own yard? Not so bad if you think about it from a different perspective ... Happy Bark-O-Ween Miss Toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toffee, we hate that wet stuff too, but sometimes we even hear the peeps praying for some, imagine that!
    Then when we get the wets, we come in and shake ourselves...and smell like...well...wet doggies! BOL!

    Are you going to help carve out a pumpkin, Toffee??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I habn't heard anyfing about carving punkins around here. Mommy says, de last time she carved a punkin and put it outside, someone stole it! So dat was pretty much dat.

      Delete
  4. If you don't like rain, don't move to WNY! This past summer and fall we had a rainy day at least once a week. Fortunately Chester doesn't care if it rains, and he loves to go snuffling under the wet plants and bushes. We don't mind if he gets all wet. But we do mind when he gets muddy feet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll remember dat, Chester. I do NOT like be wet!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Skool

I'm in skool again at de doggie-food-and-toy store.  Dis class called Brain Games.  I hab two classmates.  Koda is a border collie.  He ...